Saturday, October 23, 2010

Are here any option for schizophrenics who can't physically afford treatment?

I am a schizophrenic. I work full time an I am the sole provider for a family of 5. I cannot afford to nick time off work for treatment, and the amount of support I would receive from disability is not adequate to support my family. My symptoms own been getting worse. I live contained by California. What can I do?Are here any option for schizophrenics who can't physically afford treatment?
If you have a diagnosis from a doctor, and your income is poverty even for a family of 5 you should qualify for Medicaid through the state. I don't know if they ring it Medicaid in California..contained by Illinois that is what they bid it, and you would qualify for it in Illinois, but you hold to have your doctor cram out the diagnosis. Because Schizophrenia is something you will have for good you should also qualify for Medicare. With Medicare if you are permanently disabled your age won't event. My girlfriend is permanently disabled and she get full Social Security Benefits, much more than SSI pays as well as Medicare, and Medicaid pays for anything Medicare doesn't. Give it a try, most hospitals have Social Workers, who can abet you apply for all you qualify for including food stamps. When I go through Cancer they helped me gain all the relieve there be out there for me.
I own bi-polar and recieve ssi and disability checks and a medical card. The best place to recieve help is at a local Pathways Inc. it is a mental form provider that is cheap but for free to the public. They provide counsling, all types of classes ( a few are parenting classes, gay and lesbian groups, bi-polar groups, marital counsling, and many more) they also enjoy thier own doctors to help medicate population. You should check into looking for the closest pathways inc. they hold helped me oversee my symtoms and provide personal therapy and groups to discuss how i have a feeling. Please check into this it can really help.

No comments:

Post a Comment